Travelling in Guimarães
Guimarães is a small town, the city has a Bus that circles around the city named TUG (Linha de Guimarães), the price of the ticket is 1.78€ for 1 travel.
You can check more informations HERE
Travelling to Guimarães
Guimarães is located in northwestern Portugal, approximately 350km north of the capital, Lisbon, and about 50km from the second largest city, Oporto. In administrative terms, it is a district made up of 68 townships, occupying an area of 242.32 km2 and including about 160,000 inhabitants.
Motorways and railways are the most direct means of reaching Guimarães. The nearest airport is Francisco Sá Carneiro International Airport, located in Porto and about 50km from Guimarães. Various airlines have direct flights to Porto, including:
· Aigle Azur
· British Airways
· Brussels airlines
· Czech Airlines
· Turkish Airlines
· US Airways (from Newark Liberty International Airport)
TAP Portugal is the Official Carrier of ECIS2017. Please read here the conditions for access to TAP discounts
The discounts offered are the following:
- 10% in economy class
- 20% in business class
Low cost airlines also have direct flights to Porto: AirEurope, Easyjet, Germanwings, Ryanair, Transavia and Vueling.
These and other airlines have direct flights to Lisbon too. From Lisbon it is possible to take a 50 mn flight to Porto.
From the Porto airport you can reach Guimarães in the following ways:
- There’s a shuttle from the Airport to Guimarães. Costs 8 € the single trip. Timetables are available here .
- It is also possible to take the Metro to the Campanhã metro/train station in Porto and then get a suburban train to Guimarães. Train frequency from Porto’s Campanhã station to Guimarães are around 1 train per hour. Schedules are available here.
- Taxi is also an option to travel from the Airport to Guimarães. The trip should cost around 60 € (at night prices are higher). The taxi driver should be asked for a budget before getting the ride.
- A car can also be rent at the airport. Using the current network of motorways, Porto can be reached from Guimarães in 30 minutes via the A7 and A3. Braga is a mere 15 minutes away on the A11 motorway. Taking the A11 and A3 northbound, Vigo, Spain is 90 minutes away, and Lisbon is 3 hours to south, via the A7, A3 and A1 motorways.